Monday, June 6, 2011

La niña de tus ojos



Yo soy tu niña, la niña de tus ojos.  Me amaste a mí.

"Guárdame como a la niña de tus ojos; escóndeme a la sombra de tus alas." ~ Salmo 17:8

I love the play on words from this with Spanish.  "La niña de tus ojos" refers to your pupil--the apple of your eye.  Of course, "niña" is also a little girl.  When I hear this, it reminds me that God sees each of us as His beloved little girl, the apple of His eye.  He has called us by name.  His arms are always holding us close, swinging us through the air as we dance together.   

2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is a really popular song down here (in Costa Rica) I love it!

dulce de leche said...

It has been stuck in my head for days. :). At least it is a song I like that is on my mental autoplay instead of an annoying commercial or something. :)