Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Joy!

We have had so, so many reasons to be joyful this season. Most of all, for the reminder of God's incredible love for us. Our family is doing well, and both grandparents are out of the hospital. Recovery always takes time, but we are grateful that things are going so well.

Christmas was fun, particularly because we kept it pretty low-key. We did minimal presents and preparation, but with the nausea, tiredness and a cold I picked up, that was just as well. I think we all enjoyed it much more than if we had been stressed-out.

Carlos and I talked more about a home birth, and agreed to have this baby at home. I can't even begin to describe my emotions on that. I felt such a crushing weight every time I considered a hospital birth. Right now, my cup of joy is overflowing! There is such a relief at being able to trust God, my body, my husband and my midwife, and not feel as if I have to battle a hospital and all of its policies. I will probably have an uphill struggle with our insurance, and I don't know what they will contribute, if anything. Even so, I slept much better after the decision than in the previous weeks!

I wish you and your families fullness of joy throughout this coming year, and hope that you find peace and hope in every new day.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I'm full of joy for you-- a great Christmas and resolution on the home birth. What an amazing gift!

dulce de leche said...

Thank you! It feels wonderful!

Theresa said...

That is so exciting! I bet you'll have an amazing experience!