Monday, March 2, 2009

A cool story about my sis

Many of you know my sis, who is, in my opinion, the coolest ever. This Sunday in church, we had a time of prayer for her. I know she would appreciate your prayers for the next couple of weeks. Let me tell you the backstory on what she is going to be doing...

Back around the holidays, a lady in her doctors office out of the blue told her that she thought God was going to send my sister to help dig a well. My sister has grown up with people who believe that God speaks to them. Sometimes, it is clearly true. Other times, they are a little loopy or just plain mistaken. So, she prayed about it and believed it, but had no idea how it was going to play out. A little later, a friend shared that she believed my sister was being called to visit Central America. Now, my sis had been making plans to move to Nashville, but had no plans involving Central America. Once again, she prayed, and waited to see what was in store.

A couple of weeks ago, our associate pastor, who knew nothing about that, called my sis. Our church was going to build 5 wells in Guatemala in towns that have no clean drinking water. He wanted to know if my sister would pray about going as a representative for us while that is happening. T began to laugh and said yes.

The only catch? She needed $500 to make the trip. She didn't say anything, but just trusted that God would provide it. Soon after, a friend in another state called and told my sister that she had $500 that she wanted to give to her. Knowing that her friend was typically as strapped for cash as she was, T asked where it came from. Her friend said that she felt like she was supposed to give T $500 and prayed and entered a contest at work. Normally, she never won anything, but this time she won $500 and knew she was meant to send it to T!

With a beginning like this, I can't wait to see what is in store for her trip!

2 comments:

Darla said...

What a cool story. God is awesome!

Polly said...

God is truly amazing. I LOVE stories like this.