Saturday, January 10, 2009

Too good not to share

One of my very favorite things about blogging is that I have gotten in touch with people that I don't see in real life very often. I love the opportunity for us to share more easily through blogs. I would be lying, though, if I said that it never induced a slight feeling of constraint. I'm pretty much an open book and don't have any real secrets. However, I also tend to exaggerate and rant and rave about things if I get worked up, and frankly, it is a little embarrassing to know that some of the comments I make (or at least think of making, depending on how well I self-censor) could be recalled by friends and family.

So, I've been holding back on something. My favorite safe place, and general favorite site on the web. This is the place I go before Facebook or this blog most days, even if it is just to lurk for a couple of moments. It is a source of fabulous entertainment and knowledge. I've been posting with most of the people for well over four years now, and they have never let me down. They are smart, witty, and informed. Even when I disagree, I always learn something. Best of all, I have made some dear friends. What is this paragon among websites, you ask?

http://www.ihatemymessageboard.com/forum

If you haven't been there yet, I encourage you to check it out. There are several forums (I am lazy, so I devote most of my time to Various Thoughts on Various Subjects, but there are many others) and I am positive that you will find something of interest. The admin and mods there are amazing--people whom I admire very much. So, now you have an official invitation to my happy place. :)

No comments: