Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thanks and something weird but cool

First of all, many thanks and hugs to everyone who encouraged me yesterday. The evening got better, Joel is still drippy but much happier, Ariana has been calm and very helpful with the little ones, and we are all in a much better frame of mind today.

Have you ever had an impression to pray for someone that just comes out of the blue? I've had it several times, but never as consistently as this. About 16 or 17 years ago, there was a DJ on the radio station that I usually listened to whom I felt impressed to pray for. I never met him, even though we spoke on the phone a couple of times, but I started praying for him regularly. He became a missionary in Russia and eventually married a lovely woman there. I got his newsletter for awhile, but then lost touch.

The funny thing is, despite the loss of contact and the fact that we had never even met, the urge to pray for this family never went away. I'd go a few weeks without thinking of them at all, and then suddenly I'd wake up in the night feeling like I needed to pray for them. So for over 16 years, I have been praying for them, and often curious about what might be going on in their lives.

Anyway, on impulse I checked Facebook to see if they were on there, and they are! I sent a message (which probably seemed very strange and semi-stalkerish), and got a very nice reply. I doubt we will ever meet before heaven, but it is cool to know that they are doing well. It made me wonder--who do you think God has praying for us, without us even being aware of it? It makes me tingle to think that perhaps thousands of miles away, people that we have never met might be holding us up and praying blessings over our lives!

No comments: